4.20.2008

Horrible Mom??...

OK so Jack Jack has not been sleeping very well at night. He started sleeping through the night at only 6 weeks, but at 5 months he started to wake up at least 3-4 times a night. He is almost 10 months! So that means I am one tired mom! I know I don't have it as bad as some of you out there, but no sleep is no sleep! So for my question-Am I a horrible mom because I have let him cry himself back to sleep? I know some mom's are for this as well as some doctors. It is so hard for me, but I have hit the wall! Please share with me somethings you have done to get your ZZzzz's with these little bundles in your live.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I am all about letting them cry! It really works...they learn that you are not going to rescue them and that night time is for sleep! It's hard for a couple nights but they get over it! I just put headphones on so I can't hear the screaming! I have noticed that normally they can't cream more then 25 minutes without passing out! Watch the clock and enjoy the tunes! You need your mama sleep!

Daedre said...

My boys never slept well until I allowed them to cry themselves to sleep. At 6 months with both of them we started letting them cry and the first time it was 3 hours of crying...followed by years of snoozing bliss!

I highly recommend it, they learn to soothe themselves. Of course we checked on them and talked to them BUT we had to draw the line!

How is he doing now?

Vanessa said...

Jack is doing much better...only waking up 1-2 times a night. I'm trying my hardest to let him cry. It is a work in progress! But it's nice to know that they turn out just fine.